LHCSC Range & Safety Rules 17
1.This is a COLD RANGE, which means NO loaded firearms permitted except on the firing line.
Law Enforcement Officers in uniform or displaying an identification badge or shield are exempt.
Additionally, any person who can legally carry concealed is exempt.
However their firearm must be fully concealed or secured in a vehicle.
2. All firearms, NOT ON THE FIRING LINE, must be carried, cased or holstered with the hammer down or the action open.
Any firearm that uses a magazine must have the magazine removed.
3. Handle your firearm as if it is loaded at all times. Do not load your firearm until you are ready to fire, the muzzle is
pointed safely down range, and the range is clear of people. Do not allow the muzzle of your firearm to sweep over/past
anyone at any time.
4. Eye and ear protection is strongly recommended for shooters and spectators.
5. Shooters under 18 years old must be under the direct supervision of a parent or responsible adult.
Members are responsible for their spouse, children and their guests.
6. Range Safety Officers are there for your safety, follow their instructions. If the shooter disregards the instructions
of a RSO, the person may be asked to leave the range. It is the shooters responsibility to see that their firearms(s) and
ammunition is safe. The conduct of a member or a visitor is subject to all laws.
7. When more than one shooter is using a bay, all shooters in that bay must fire from the same firing line.
8. Anyone may call for an “IMMEDIATE CEASE-FIRE” due to a safety violation or concerns.
Shooters may also ask for a “CEASE-FIRE” to go down range to change or inspect targets.
If a shooter is in the middle of a short string of fire (5 rounds), let them finish before asking for a “CEASE-FIRE”.
During a “CEASE-FIRE”, all firearms must be benched with the actions open, or placed unloaded in the rack with the actions open.
All shooters must move away from their firearm. There will be NO handling of any firearms until the range is clear and all shooters agree to commence fire.
9.Shoot only at proper paper or approved steel targets. Do not shoot at cans, bottles, appliances or other trash.
Targets should be set up so the bullets will impact the back Berm.
A Target minimum height of 36” on the Rifle Ranges is the standard. Exceptions are made to these rules during organized LHCSC sponsored events and practices.
Do not shoot at targets on the ground,
target holders or frames. Remove your
used targets. Clean up your brass
and trash. Then place it in a trash
barrel or dumpster .
10. Rifle or pistols bays may have special Rules. Follow the Posted Rules for that bay. ( i.e. No pistol cartridges or rim-fire to be used on the 300 yard range.)
11. Any person who desires to shoot a Class III firearm (fully automatic) must have written prior approval of the LHCSC Board.
Tracer, Armor Piercing, Spotter Tracer, Incendiary or high explosive ammunition is prohibited.
12. On the shotgun ranges, actions will be open at all times until the shooter is ready to engage the target, or the
gun is placed in the rack. Shotgun actions must be open and unloaded when changing stations. Shotgun shells
cannot have shot size larger than 7 1/2. (The smaller the number, the larger the size of the shot.)
Pistols and rifles are NOT allowed on the shotgun ranges.
13. When the Range is closed to the public, a Club member may ask any person on Club property, to show
his/her membership card. Any un-authorized person on Club property is subject to Trespass laws.
14. NO ALCOHOL OR ILLEGAL DRUGS allowed on the Club property and no use of the range if you
are under the influence of alcohol or drugs. Violation of this rule may result in arrest by local law
enforcement and loss of Club membership.
For their safety, do not shoot within 50 feet of other individuals.